We promote Persian culture and language through volunteer led courses, workshops and community supported and sponsored events.
South Bay Persian Heritage Foundation (SBPHF) which is also known as Khaneh Iran is a division of PVICYCS (Palos Verdes Iranian Children and Youth Cultural Society), a 501(c)(3) with IRS# 33-0398835 which has a history of over 30 years serving the American community of Persian Heritage in Palos Verdes and neighboring cities.
SBPHF was a community effort started by a few families who wanted to preserve and promote their beautiful Persian culture and heritage to their children. Now it has become more than that; it is home for our community of Persian-American families in the South Bay.
What We've Achieved
Below is a short list of what we have achieved and continue to develop:
- Farsi Language, Rumi and other cultural classes for children, youth and adults
- Monthly Distinguished Speakers’ Cultural and Medical Lecture Series
- Workshops, poetry nights, book club and events to showcase and promote Persian
- literature, arts, history, and other aspects of Persian cultural heritage
- Providing leadership opportunities for young professionals of Persian heritage by serving on the Khaneh Iran’s Board of Directors to be trained for becoming role models for the younger generation
- Celebrating Persian New Year and other major Persian cultural holidays
- Serving as a center for networking among the families and seniors residing in the South Bay
- Providing a competitive scholarship to a selected number of students who demonstrate interest in promoting Persian cultural heritage
- Developing printed and digital based cultural resources for future references